If you are interested in getting an amateur radio license, you can signup for our next exam session here
Meetings 5:30pm Friday in ENGR-I 456A
Try out Amateur Radio! Get a license, talk around the world! Build antennas and radios from scratch. Learn practical electronics. Come to our meetings, we can help with these things.
We also have a mailing list. This is a main method of distribution of information.
Additionally, there is a club Facebook page.
The club also has a picture gallery of members' pictures.
It's not the size of the antenna, but the SWR that counts.
<googlecalendar height=400 width=480>firstname.lastname@example.org</googlecalendar>
To promote Amateur Radio, and its use around UCF by students and faculty.
 Club meetings
- Meetings are in Engr I room 456A every week.
- Fridays at 5:30PM
- No formal nets are currently scheduled (TBD), but if they were they would be on the repeater. If you are unlicensed, you can still participate in the net. Just find a club member.
Most meetings are listed on google calendar.
After most meetings we eat.
 past minutes and future meetings
- past minutes and future agendas (recent changes)
- Ideas for a live demo
- ideas for future antenna projects
- See also the club google calendar
 Annual club events
These are events the club is regularly involved in:
- UCF semi-annual tailgate
- UCF spring Tailgate: second week of January: January 13, 2018
- UCF summer tailgate: second week of June: June 10, 2017
- ARRL database: Southern Florida hamfests
- ARRL database: Northern Florida hamfests
- Field day
- Orlando Hamcation: The 2nd Largest Hamfest / convention in the USA.
- Dayton Hamvention: The largest hamfest in the USA.
 Club ToDo List
moved to ARC todo
 Club projects and activities
 projects in progress
(or, at least, these should be active)
- satellite ground station controller and SDR setup
- satellite radio transceiver
- ADSB receiver and display
- SDR remote setup and remote display (hardware partially received)
- antenna array
- base station software
- remote display software
- ARC project 1 demo board
- network analyzer
- multi-band strip line SWR meter with phase detection for 35mhz - 3ghz
- moxon magazine article
- repeater controller progress
- pcb layout with sensors
- simple radio receiver
 possible future meeting activities
- licensing exam study
- soldering practice -- PL259 ends on coax
- field trip to UCF radio station
- field trip to WMFE (see also WABC, NJ and http://www.j-hawkins.com/wlw.shtml#radio7sect 700-WLW])
- build copper pipe moxons and j-poles
 possible project sources
- ARC Semester ToDo Items
- Repeater modifications (IRLP, antenna, fix 70cm)
- Wifi Antenna Building, Fox Hunt, Long Distance Link
- Build Direction Finding Equipment
- QST Homework
- Folding J-Pole Workshop
- Mini Field Day
- QSL card database display (IBM laptop in shack needs final modification)
- ATX Power Supply Mod
- build a Class D amplifier
- microwave stuff (900mhz, 1.2Ghz, 2.4Ghz)
 Topic Index
- Software Defined Radio
- Fox hunt
- Antenna links
- Amateur Radio Emergency Jumpkit
- ARC live demo
- Senior Design PCB Milling Machine & Certification
 Old items of interest
- field day
- NASA info
- Past minutes
- Seminole county ARES/RACES training
- Code practice cdroms: wa4cm has made a few code practice cdroms, available to any members who would like to borrow them.
 Officers & Advisors
|Nathan Bodnar, President, Supreme Operator||KJ4BWR|
|Ramsay Newman, Treasurer, Right Hand Man||KM4INO|
|Steven Dick, Club Faculty Advisor||KG4YDW|
 Members & Alumni
|Currently Active Members (Student & Alumni)|
|Christopher E. Maukonen||wa4cm|
|Doug Maukonen||k4ddm (formerly kf4ze, ka4nnx)|
|Zlatko A Masic||KJ4JEA|
|José A. Figueroa||KJ4FBZ|
|Anson Shurr||WU2F (formerly KJ4MJI)|
|Karson Kimbrel||KA4SON (formerly KM4GAV)|
|UCFARC Alumni Members|
|Jeffrey C Lambert||k1vzx (was ki4vtn)|
|Keith Wall||AK4JQ (was KI4HXM)|
|Scott Harden||AJ4VD (was KJ4LDF)|
|Craig A. Jacobson||ka0kqc|
|Dr. Edwin K. Evenson||ki4agl|
|Matthew A. Rhodes||ki4evh|
|Jared M. Davies||kg4gac|
|Mike F. Haendel||kg4rqh|
|Karl "Skip" Brooks||wb4yed (SK)|
|Jami W. Ward||kg4zke|
|Tannen S. VanZwieten||ki4evi|
|Matt Kassawara||KG0W (was KG4FEQ)|
|Jason M. Varner||kg4gae|
|W. Schuyler Frost||kg4haq|
|Steven F. Schindler||na4sa|
|Samuel M. Richie||ka4kzf|
|Robert Broderick WE4B||we4b|
|Benny D. Miller Jr.||w4qed|
|Michael M. Clark, Jr.||ki4olu|
|Brian J Parkhurst||km4fes|
|Stephen W Szabo||wb4omm|
|Dr. Christian S. Bauer Jr||SK ki4iuw|
|If you were forgotten in either section above, feel free to add yourself.|
Passed your exam and waiting for your call sign? check the FCC advanced search.
 External Links
- /r/amateurradio A subreddit devoted to amateur radio. Good spirited, generally younger (most less than 40yo) group of hams.
- /r/RTLSDR A subreddit which discusses the popular, inexpensive, RTL-SDR receiver dongle and other software defined transceivers.
- ARRL Amateur Radio Collegiate Initiative FB Page. Connect, discuss, and more with other hams just like you.
- Central Florida Geeks lots of Linux/Ham links, etc.
- HamStudy.org Practice Tests and Flash Cards. (see also Ham exam)
- SSD's ham page
- ADSB Project
 tutorials and references
- RTL-SDR.com Blog A useful web site which regularly posts news, tutorials, applications, and more for the ubiquitous RTL-SDR receiver dongle, and other software defined transceivers.
- PL259 soldering tutorial
- Amphenol assembly instructions
- resources and information on Mobile phone radiation and Emf Protection
- High Voltage Experimenter's Handbook
- RF & Microwave White Papers
- Antenna-Theory.com Very much a 'Web 1.0 web site, but excellent info.